I am going to have several long and busy days the rest of this week and next week. So I am going to put my trusty Crock-pot to work. These sandwiches are the best! Add some bagged salad mix and dinner is ready.
Updated with pic 6.9.14
Spicy Italian Beef
· boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
· jar (12 ounces) pepperoncini peppers
· can (14 ½ ounces) beef broth
· bottle (12 ounces) beer
· onion, minced
· tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
· loaf French bread, or good rolls
· 10 slices provolone cheese (optional)
· Trim fat from beef and discard. Cut beef, if necessary, to fit in CROCK-POT slow cooker, leaving beef in as many large pieces as possible.
· Drain pepperoncini; pull off stem ends and discard. Add pepperoncini, broth, beer, onion, and Italian seasoning to CROCK-POT; do not stir. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours.
· Remove beef from CROCK-POT; shred with 2 forks. Return shredded beef to cooking liquid; mix well. Serve on French bread cut into thick slices or rolls, topped with cheese, if desired. Add additional sauce and pepperoncini, if desired.
· Pepperoncini are thin 2- to 3-inch long pickled mild peppers, available in the supermarket’s Italian foods or pickled foods section.
Source: CROCK-POT Slow Cooker Best-Loved Recipes