What is my family’s favorite pasta dinner? Pasta Bolognaise!!! We used to go to Martini’s a local restaurant, best Bolognaise ever, but at $15 a plate I decided to try it at home. The result is the following recipe and I would definitely put mine up against theirs any day! And it is less than $20 for a complete meal for all four of us.
· 1 (1 lb) rigatoni pasta
· 1 sweet Italian sausage link, casing removed
· ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
· 4 ounces of goat cheese, divided
· Parsley if desired
· In a large pasta pot, add water and salt if desired, bring to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
· Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan, remove casing from sausage, and crumble into pan. Cook sausage over medium heat stirring and using the back of a spoon to break up the sausage into very small pieces. Cook until all water has evaporated, sausage is no longer pink, and it is starting to brown.
· Add “Magic” meat sauce to pan, and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and add 2-ounces of goat cheese, stirring well to combine.
· Lightly toss pasta with a little of the sauce.
· Divide pasta between 6 plates, top with sauce, garnish with remaining goat cheese and parsley if desired.
· If you are not a fan of goat cheese you can substitute a ¼ cup of half and half in the third step and garnish with parmesan or Romano cheese.
- Three Cheese Manicotti