Friday, August 14, 2020

McCormick Original Chicken Seasoning Copycat Recipe

McCormick Original Chicken Seasoning was my go-to for years and a staple ingredient in many of my recipes. Sadly McCormick rebranded it as Just a Pinch Original Seasoning and then discontinued it. I have searched and searched for a copycat to fill the void to no avail. So after many many failed attempts, this is what I find to be as close as my taste buds remember. If you miss McCormicks Original Chicken Seasoning I hope this will help fill the void

McCormick Original Chicken Seasoning Copycat Recipe 


 Makes about 1 cup 

  INGREDIENTS 

4 Tablespoon Paprika 
2 1/2 Tablespoon Celery Salt 
2 Tablespoon Chicken Bouillion (I used Full Flavor Chicken Soup Stock Mix) 
1 Tablespoon Chicken Tomato Flavor Bouillion (I used Fiesta Brand) 
1 Tablespoon Sugar 
1/2 Tablespoon Rosemary (crushed or ground) 
3/4 Teaspoon Basil (crushed or ground) 
3/4 Teaspoon Parsley (crushed or ground) 
3/4 Teaspoon Thyme (crushed or ground) 
3/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder 
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper 

  INSTRUCTIONS 

 1. Mix all ingredients together and store in and airtight container. 

  TIPS 

 To crush or grind the rosemary, basil, Parsley, and Thyme you can rub them between your fingers, grind them with a mortar and pestle, or use a spice grinder. I have and extra coffee grinder I use as a spice grinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment