Monday, December 21, 2015

This is my most requested dessert.  I don’t make one I make at least 2 at a time and there is always a fuss because someone ALWAYS wants more! 

BLACK-BOTTOM STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE



 1 Keebler Shortbread crust  
 8 ounces milk-chocolate pieces (Hershey Kisses, Dove pieces)
 3 tablespoons milk
12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla (I add more)
1 ½ pint baskets of strawberries, rinsed, dried and tops cut off
1/3 cup seedless blackberry jam

Melt the chocolate pieces and 3 tablespoons milk in a glass bowl in the microwave until melted, being careful not to get it too hot and stirring every 30-45 seconds.  Pour mixture into crust and spread to level.
Refrigerate until firm to the touch. 

Blend together the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until smooth.  Spread evenly over the chocolate layer in the crust. 

Arrange strawberries on top of the cheese layer, pointed ends up. 

Melt the jam in a glass bowl on low in the microwave.  Brush or drizzle the jam over the strawberries. 

Refrigerate. 

Use a very sharp knife to cut and you can top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired. 

I try to source all of my recipes.  This one came from a magazine over 20 years ago.  I no longer have the clipping, only a had written recipe.  Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment