For this one I took several different recipes and mixed and matched to suit my needs. I needed to use up the leftover seeds and juice from the Pork Loin with Pomegranate Glaze. The guys say it is a keeper, so here you go!
· 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
· 2 (8 oz) blocks of low fat cream cheese, softened
· 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
· 1 tbsp of pomegranate juice
· 2 cups of powdered sugar
· 1 ½ cup of pomegranate seeds
· 1/4 cup water
· 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
· 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
· 2 tbsp sugar
· In a medium mixing bowl, with a mixer on medium, cream the cream cheese until light and fluffy, mix in the vanilla extract and pomegranate juice. Turn off mixer, add powdered sugar one cup at a time with mixer on low, turn mixer to medium and beat until smooth and creamy.
· Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared pie crust. Turn lid upside down over pie and place in refrigerator to set up about 1 hour.
· Meanwhile prepare the topping
· Place juice in a small saucepan and add water. Sprinkle gelatin over pomegranate juice and let stand 1 minute to soften gelatin.
· Add sugar and cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Pour mixture into a bowl and set bowl in a larger bowl of ice and cold water, gently stirring until it is cold and slightly thickened but not set. Stir in pomegranate seeds and spoon topping onto chilled cheesecake. Chill cake until topping is set, about 1 hour.