Used my leftover Beef Roast ala Crystal to make my yummy Beef Veggie Soup. I just love a simmering pot of this hearty vegetable soup. You can add and delete veggies to suit your taste.
Beef Veggie Soup
· 3-4 cups of leftover Beef Roast ala Crystal (or see hints below)
· 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
· 1 (14 oz) can green beans
· 1 (14 oz) can peas
· 1 (14 oz) can corn
· 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
· 1 tablespoon sugar
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Add left over Beef Roast ala Crystal to a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. If desired cut potatoes and carrots into smaller bite size pieces.
· Add un-drained tomatoes, green beans, peas, corn, Italian seasoning, and sugar to pot, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until desired thickness, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
· If you do not have leftover beef roast you can make your base by browning 4 oz of stew meat seasoned with 1 teaspoon McCormick Just a Pinch Steak seasoning in a Dutch oven. Add a ½ cup each diced onion, and celery. Sautee 2 minutes stirring frequently. Add 1 (14 oz) can of beef broth, cover and simmer about an hour or until meat is tender. Add two potatoes and one carrot peeled and diced, to the pot and continue with step two above cooking until potatoes and carrots are cooked and broth thickens, about 40 minutes.