This cake is one of my favorites, it is moist, flavorful, and no one will ever know it is low in fat. YUM!
Orange Poppy Seed Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
1.In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and poppy seeds. In a small mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, egg substitute, orange juice concentrate, water and almond extract; beat until smooth. Stir into cake mix just until combined. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly in pan. Pour batter into pan.
2.Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled cake
Nutritional Analysis: One piece equals 247 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein
Source: Taste of Homes Light and Tasty Magazine.