Friday, December 9, 2011

Crystal's Cranberry Bourbon Sauce

Forget about those expensive baked hams you have to stand in line forever to get.  Try this sauce just once and you will never stand in line again! 

Finally got around to taking some pics (yeah I know I need photography lessons) so I am updating this file on 6.9.14.


Crystal’s Cranberry Bourbon Sauce



I    can   whole cranberry relish
½  cup   packed dark brown sugar

½         cup   bourbon
1          Tbs   prepared horseradish



Combine all ingredients in a non-stick sauce pan.  Simmer over medium until reduced and thickened.  Stirring occasionally being careful not to scorch as it thickens.  Refrigerate or pour over ham and bake. 
HINTS:
Make a double batch it will keep in the fridge for a week or two. 
It is also good on chicken and pork chops.
My family likes it when I make breakfast the next morning using the ham and drizzling some of the cranberry sauce over their pancakes (don't worry all the alcohol cooks off, so no one is getting tipsy)
If you are gluten intolerant try using rum instead of bourbon.
You can omit the horseradish if desired, but honestly I have fed it to people who swear they hate the stuff and they have no clue ;).


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment